[tlinux-users 00498] Re: Linux on a Portege 3505

Chris Hermansen c.hermansen at telus.net
Tue Mar 2 14:03:32 JST 2010

Hi Mike;

It's not completely clear to me that Toshibas do ACPI properly out of
the box.  Certainly my Satellite A70 doesn't, but then it's got a
Phoenix BIOS which seems to have a negative effect.

If your plan is to use Ubuntu, why not pose your question on Launchpad?

Around here, there seem to be some genial folks who help out with great
ideas from time to time, but I haven't seen anyone identify themselves
as being from the Toshiba mother ship.

It's too bad (for us) that they don't provide a bit more Linux support,
as they otherwise make generally really fine computers.